Well, hopefully not too crazy, but I’m getting into the Ketogenic Diet and doing a lot of reading, listening & research in general. It seems to have some fabulous benefits with the usual problem of making a big change in eating habits, and this will be a big switch!
I’m not planning on jumping in hard core but more of a gradual adoption of a new way of eating. For sure there will be some major breaks with the plan over the next week or two. For example, we’re committed to an event at
DeLuca’s where it will be unlimited pasta, bread, desserts and wine, not exactly a Keto friendly environment.
So, what have I been looking at and doing so far? Here’s a few lists:
- Keto Zone Diet – Dr. Don Colbert – reading now.
- The Case Against Sugar – Gary Taubes – on hold at the library
- Why we get fat and what to do about it – Gary Taubes- on hold at the library
- Good calories, Bad calories – Gary Taubes – on hold at the library
Web Sites & Podcasts
- Tim Ferris #117 with Dom D’Agostino Dom D’Agostino on Fasting, Ketosis, and the End of Cancer
- Tim Ferris #172 with Dom D’Agostino — The Power of the Ketogenic Diet
Things I’ve tried so far
- Bulletproof coffee
- Butter in coffee!?! Sounds weird but tastes pretty good. Plus MCT oil.
- Keto Breakfast Taco
- Proclaimed a success by my breakfast buddy. Chopping up the bacon makes it a little easier to eat without destroying the egg taco shell.
- Stevia, well actually Truvia
- Dropping Splenda & sugar for Stevia. Tried this a while back but the taste was uggg! They must have improved the tase or I’m more tolerate now. Actually in the Bulletproof Coffee, a sweetener is optional for me, it’s good without.
- Cut the Carbs
- Bye Bye to bread etc. This most likely will be a little tough to get used to. So used to lots of carbs.
Planning or thinking about trying
- Exogenous Ketones
- Specifically the pruvit Keto OS product. – on order 🙂
- MCT powder
- Supposed to be easier on your GI trac and more easily transported for use on the go.
- DCA (?)
- Precision Xtra Blood Glucose & Ketone Monitoring System